user(s) are online (3
user(s) are browsing Burgermeister
Listed below is a laundry list of known issues that are present in Clan Quest Mod, as well as soon of the additionaly
packaged mods. Please review this list before reporting an issue, to verify that it's not something that is already being
fixed, or is something that is a 'conceded' limitation of the mod.
- I don't know how to activate the achievement menu! - Easily fixed: as long as you have that
add-on installed, you can press the 'b' key at any time to view the menu. If you've bound another key to 'b' then,
you must first unbind it.
- I pressed the b key but the achievement menu still isn't appearing. - If you're using Winodws Vista or Winodws 7, it's possible that the operating system has security restrictions preventing applications from writing files to your hard drive. Writing files to disk is critical to making the achievement system work, however. This is easily fixed by running Bloodlines in 'Administrative mode'. You can do this by right-clicking the executible and choosing 'Run as Administrator' from the context menu. Googling the topic will provide further help, if you're still not sure.
- The achievement menu freezes or I can't view the icons for achievements I've earned. - This is limited
by the game's (in)ability to create new in-game menus. However, there is an easy workaround. If your achievement screen
is frozen, just press the Escape key to go back to the main menu and then return to the game and it should unfreeze.
If, you can't see your achievements, try left-clicking to close the achievement menu, and then pressing 'b' again to
view the next page of achievements.
- The game crashes randomly / on startup / I can't install the game / I get a Ram less than 15MB error on startup! - Bloodlines is a fairly old game, and one which is prone to a number of different technical issues. Not all of those problems can be specifically attributed back to Clan Quest Mod, but looking around on different forums can help solve some of these problems. One of the most comprehensive lists of fixes to get the game running is available here: Planet-Vampire Forum Post
- I'm well into the game, and I'm yet to get Gary's poster quest - As an unfortunate casualty
in the making of the Clan Quest Mod, I had to diablorize the poster quest chain.
You see the game engine imposes an upward limit on the number of unique items in the game,
so to include some of the new plot devices in Clan Quest, I had to 'nix some of the old items.
The items in the poster quest, were the best candidates since they were otherwise peripheral
to the rest of the game, and so out they went!
- I'm trying to unpack the ZIP file I downloaded but it keeps crashing! - The packaged file is BIG, and includes an executable file, so it's number one in the list of files active virus scanners will look at, if you have such software installed on your computer. Either disable your antivirus before unpacking the file (this includes Microsoft Security Essencials), or be patient. Most users experiencing this problem report that waiting an extended period of time, even if the system looks hung up, will yield results. And be sure to turn your antivirus back ON after you extract the files.
- I'm not sure if I have Clan Quest installed right. How can I check?The clearest way to tell whether
or not the mod is installed correctly is simply to launch the game. The main title screen should have the text
'Clan Quest Mod', along with all the clan symbols printed beneath the game's main header text. If you don't see that,
the mod is not installed correctly. A common mistake people make while installing the mod is pointing the installer
directly at the path to their Vampire installation. In fact, you have to point it to a folder called 'Vampire' inside
of the game's main installation folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines\Vampire
- I'm using a 64-bit Windows OS. Which path should I try to install to? So, the absolutely best
thing you can do is try and find the folder where it's installed manually. This is usually necessary anyways,
and it's otherwise very hard to go wrong this way. The thing to keep in mind with the 64-bit Windows Operating
Systems, is that they often times put programs in a directory Called Program Files (x86). This is where you'd
need to look to find your vampire installation.
- Sometimes when I come to a map I get a message about 'Node Graphs Updating' or 'AI Disabled' -
This message will appear when your game loads a map that's been updated. It can be safely ignored in most cases.
However, sometimes it will have side effects, like freezing all the NPCs. The best thing to try in that case is to
reload the game from an earlier point, and revisit the map.
- I'm checking out the new Clan Quest content, but when I talk to some NPCs, there's no voices. -
This is due to the fact that voice actors couldn't be found for all the characters in Clan Quest for which there's new
dialog. These are slowly being filled in, in subsequent versions of the mod as voice actors are found for the roles.
- When I scroll to select my targeted disciplines, I can't find anything past rank 2! - This is
in fact, a known issue with the Camarilla Edition mod. For whatever reason, when the activation costs for disciplines
are tampered with, certain disciplines are no longer accessible via the mouse scroll wheel. The work-around is to
use the hotkey binding menu in game (default key 'K'), to set the inaccessible disciplines to buttons on the keyboard.
- I'm playing a Nosferatu, and whenever I'm obfuscated, and select 'Free the Beast Within', the game crashes -
This is also an issue specific to Camarilla Edition. The engine cannot render the tier 5 animanilsm discipline while
obfuscated. The workaround is to activate the disciplines in the opposite order, i.e. 'Free the Beast Within', and then
- The voice acting for David Hatter is terrible! - I know! I'm sorry!